SOLVED Update to version 1903 keeps failing

Reaction score
Somehow I never received the 1809 update, and I'm still running 1803 because an update to 1903 keeps failing with "Error 0xc1900223". I've run the Windows Update troubleshooter multiple times and it always says there there are pending updates. I apply the fix each time but the 1903 update continues to fail. It initializes at 80%, goes to 84%... 88%... then fails there after about 15 seconds. It's consistently repeatable.

Should I worry? I mean, isn't the 1909 update coming soon which will make the failed update to 1903 irrelevant? BTW, I'm happy with 1803 but I guess it won't be supported much longer.

Reaction score
Agree with Brian above...my attempts failed three times over a two month period. Finally someone suggested the Windows Download Assistant and it worked first try......simple to use. Highly recommend this method.

Reaction score
Thanks Brian & RompinRaider, that worked for my system too. After much searching, I couldn't find the "Windows Download Assistant" but I did find the "Windows 10 UPDATE Assistant" which is what I think you probably meant. That worked but this update took longer than previous ones and I started to worry. It took right at 2 hours from the start of the assistant until everything was complete just minutes ago. Hopefully, I won't encounter any bugs. Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
That's correct wegmand....and it took close to 2 hours for me but there weren't any issues. And updates since then have been fine. Good luck!

Ask a Question