Update option to "Use PCs on Local Network" may not work.

Reaction score
Last evening I was updating my third Windows 10 system with two other, already updated, systems running.

In the Advanced Update settings there are two options for "Updates from more than one place". I had the "PCs from Local network" selected and my download speed was its normal 61 Mbps and went no higher.

I decided to check the other option "PC on local network and PCs on Internet" and my speed jumped immediately to 200 Mbps.

Since my internet connection is limited to 61 Mbps, the speed must have come from my local network. So why did the speed increase not happen when I had the first option selected. Possibly because the first option did not actually let the update see the other local systems due to some type of networking restriction?

If something is keeping the local systems from being utilized using the first option would anyone have any ideas as to why?

Thanks.

Ask a Question