SOLVED Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

Reaction score
Hello.

Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro.

A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)... all went well and seemed to be OK.

Now to my Problem...

When I now go to check for updates it does its checking for updates thing then installs any available update but once it has completed this and I click on "Advanced Options/View Update History" in that all I get is a blank page and all it says is no updates have been installed yet....

But I know that it has installed windows defender updates? because I have seen it download them and complete the updates?

I have tried the reset (windows update .bat) file floating around on the forum, but all that does is clear everything and still no updates are showing in the list when I go to "Advanced Options/View Update History"...

Can anyone please help me get that all back to normal....

This has only been an issue since this update to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)..

How do I know that the updates in Defender or anything else for that matter are actually installing.. seeing that they are not being listed in the "View Update History" list...

Is anyone else having this issue and if so any assistance on how to fix this will be appreciated...

cheers

Reaction score
UPDATE ***SOLVED***

Another user on another Forum assisted me with this issue and advised me as noted below...

"Windows Defender definition updates are no longer listed in Update History, so that's not a problem.
If you get other updates and they are not listed in Update History, you have a problem."

BTW I have this morning received my first update and it is showing up in "View Update History"

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you were able to figure it out and thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
your welcome... I thought that at least it could be useful for other users in the future...

Bif

Reaction score
I find it odd that there's really no way of checking this partition and file contents as to what version of Windows it contains..
Sorta cheeses a guy off a bit...

Reaction score
I see this in update history. Is that not "Windows Defender definition updates"? I have been getting one every day.

updates.PNG

Bif

Reaction score
Whoops my earlier comment was posted in the wrong thread..I blame the nog!
But since I'm here...all of my definition updates show up in history as well.

Last edited:

Ask a Question