SOLVED Windows Update Options

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I note that updates from MSFT are processed automatically. I went to the Control Panel and located where update settings can be selected, but I do not see an option to have the updates downloaded, but where I select which ones to install. Or, in W 10, is this not an option?

Also, I see references on this forum to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. How do I determine whether my computer has been updated or not, since I upgraded from 8.1 in August? I also see on this forum where some are recommending to bypass this update. Are there unresolved problems still with the Update?

Thanks in advance!

Gordon

Reaction score
You cannot control the updates except in a few ways which are only termporary.

Run Winver. Version 1607 is the anniversary update. The current build is 14393.351 1511 is last Novembers big update if you see that you don't have the anniversary update yet.

Some, perhaps many, people have had problems with the anniversary update. I have not had problems.

If you don't have it yet you can find a post on here from Trouble that describes exactly how to get it. Not that if you do this, which involves downloading the system and updating that you will get the Anni edition PLUS all the updates from Microsoft since. 11 updates by my count. This will probably enable you to miss some of the problems other have had.

Personally, I think that if you update yourself AND before doing so turn off any 3rd party Antivirus programs you will be successful. JUst my opinion.

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir Timothy --

It appears that I am running version 1607 with build # 14393.351. I guess that I should not complain!

Thanks for your re sponses

Ask a Question