Updated while offline

Reaction score
Hello. My laptop recently got a windows update that broke my wireless adapter. It would cut off right after connecting, so I shut it off myself and uninstalled as many updates as I could but of course the 1 that broke my adapter would not uninstall. So I left my adapter off because I mainly use the internet on my laptop for things like Netflix and YouTube. Well I have had the adapter off on purpose for about a month or longer and somehow windows has updated twice. I am just hoping someone could tell me, how does windows update with no internet connection..., to my knowledge.

Reaction score
It can't download without a connection but it could have downloaded earlier and just hadn't yet installed. And there may be updates after that when reconnected.

Reaction score
Reading the words in your post. You turned off the wireless adapter but you still use the laptop. Netflix and Youtube both require internet connection so you did not use either service after you turned the adapter off.
I can certainly imagine Windows 10, seeing an installed adapter turned off would turn it back on.

Ask a Question