Updates Failing

Reaction score
Thank you, Saltgrass. Just to clarify, should I just wait until November and let things run their course then? I see no major performance issues, just this ultimatum about discontinuing support and the (annoying, but sporadic) report of a failure to update once every few reboots.

Reaction score
I don't think it will be too long before the new build comes out. But there is no guarantee your situation will change. I am still willing to bet you have boxes checked in IIS but you are not checking all of them to make sure.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Reaction score
I can assure you I did. Every folder and subfolder, as you suggested. Oh well... Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
And you still have the option to rename the inetsrv folder. Since doing that appears to replace missing files in the folder when it is rebuilt, it may get around other situations.

Reaction score
Thanks! About that option, which I remember you described, when you say "if you do it in safe mode make sure you have your password", 1) do you mean it should be done in safe mode 2) you mean the general windows login password i use when, for example, i want to unlock my screensaver?

Reaction score
I cannot test the situation so if you cannot change the name due to security access in normal mode, it may work in Safe Mode, someone suggested it would.

You need your password, not PIN to sign into SAFE MODE and some folks have forgotten or do not use a password.

Ask a Question