updating failure

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem on my laptop - a HP one - when it starts up now it takes a long time, the screen goes blank for a long while, and then it 'chimes' as per win 7... when I try and do updating it tells me there are updates needed, I then initiate them - and it gets as far as 77% and then stops. I checked under details and it seems all updates have queued up and are not actually in there! Without the trusty old 'restore' function, I don't know how to try and sort this out. Any thoughts?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it tells me there are updates needed
What tells you? Are these Windows Updates? or HP Updates? or Something else altogether?
I then initiate them - and it gets as far as 77% and then stops.
Stops how? Does it close, fail, give an error??? Have you let it run and just give it some time to see if it will ultimately complete?
Without the trusty old 'restore' function, I don't know how to try and sort this out.
Not sure, what you mean. System Restore, if that is what you are talking about is still there and should be available
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the run dialog box type
rstrui.exe
hit enter or click OK.

Ask a Question