USB not opperating

Reaction score
After installing Windows 10 Things went fine. Later when I came back to turn it on it booted alright and have the beach screen on it. But when I went to use my mouse and keyboard no response or any of the USB terminals were not opperating. Can anyone help me on this issue. I do know that both my keyboard and mouse works fine I checked them out on another computer. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Respectfully Rocky.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have you tried reboot your PC again? Was this an upgrade to windows 10? Have you looked in device manager for any discrepancies?

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher6522.... I have to turn my Pc off manully and then turn it on that don't work. cannot even get to my logon nothing on the USB is working.

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher6522... the desktop PC is a custom high end. motherboard EVGA X99 classifi. intel i7 5820 cpu nividia GTX 970 gpu corsair dd4 16gb ram. I'm speaking to you on anther pc.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You mention a problem with
when I went to use my mouse and keyboard no response or any of the USB terminals were not opperating.
Are you using a generic USB Keyboard and Mouse or are you using a USB Transceiver that supports wireless input devices?

Reaction score
Hey there Trouble! I am using a USB Corsair K95 gaming keyboard and M65 gaming mouse. the problem is none of the USB inlets are now not fuctioning. So it does not really matter what device I use and yes I do have a USB Transceiver that supports wireless input devices. I did not have this problem with Windows 7.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I did not have this problem with Windows 7.
Yes, I understand that, but....
I wouldn't expect nor suspect that for some reason all your USB ports on the motherboard stopped working all of a sudden either.
My first guess would be a driver problem, produced by perhaps, a recent Windows update, although I would think that you would still have basic functionality.
It's seriously problematic, as you have no means of input. Do you have a basic generic keyboard and or mouse laying around that you could perhaps use for testing?
OR.... old school, if your computer still has PS2 ports or combo port you might go with that to get over the hump. Just remember PS2 is plug and play but not hot swappable, so the computer will need to be off when you plug it in or rebooted after you plug it in.
Other than that, you might try safe mode to see if the generic drivers will give you some functionality.
From the advanced troubleshooting screen, choose startup settings and then #4 (plain safe mode).

Reaction score
Hey trouble I cannot get pass my logon screen. So how can I use safe mode Microsoft needs to address this issue!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping that you had already figured that out.
Frequently, after a couple interrupted startups (where you are manually forcing a shut down with the power button) the OS will auto-failover to a screen that contains advanced troubleshooting options that contains Startup Settings.
Other than that, I would suggest using the installation media and booting from that, from where you can basically access the same screens

IF you don't have installation media, you can get it here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Once you have downloaded the ISO you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/
When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Trouble. You have been very helpful! This is my plan of opperations. since I have several hard disks and SSD I will disconnect the main one that this opperating use another hard disk reinstall my Win7 build DVD, Format the one win10 is on and go to my other drive and do a restore and go back to Windows 7. Microsoft needs a foot up their(were the sun don't shine) for putting out garbage like this. you all that were involved have been very helpful. And I thank you all.

Ask a Question