Volume box win 10

Reaction score
Since I downloaded Win 10, I've lost control of my volume control of external speakers. The external speaker cuts in and out, speaker slide bar keeps automatically moving to max and a little volume box keeps flashing in the left upper screen. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sorry, this is more of a question than a possible answer, but....
Is it possible you have a third party hardware device connected to your computer? Something like a midi keyboard or other such USB connected device?

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sorry, this is more of a question than a possible answer, but....
Is it possible you have a third party hardware device connected to your computer? Something like a midi keyboard or other such USB connected device?
Yes, I have a Logitech speaker with a USB connection. It worked fine on Win7 and even on Win10 for about 3 weeks and then in the middle of listening this started happening.

PS I like your quote. I picked this one up from a book I read:
The wind has filled my sails and today is a day for being aware of the joy of living. It doesn't matter if tomorrow I fall into a fit of rage and curse the gods because my sails fall slack, today will stamp itself indelibly on my mind.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible I suppose that, that device may have a software package / driver that facilitates something like on screen volume controls and that might be what you are seeing
a little volume box keeps flashing in the left upper screen.
It may be that you might need to uninstall that software package, disconnect the device, check with Logitech and see if they have any updates for that particular device.
After disconnecting the device and uninstalling any associated software package, reboot your computer and when it comes up, reconnect the device and see how windows 10 handles it natively.
Failing that install the latest version of anything that Logitech might have for it.

Reaction score
It's possible I suppose that, that device may have a software package / driver that facilitates something like on screen volume controls and that might be what you are seeing

It may be that you might need to uninstall that software package, disconnect the device, check with Logitech and see if they have any updates for that particular device.
After disconnecting the device and uninstalling any associated software package, reboot your computer and when it comes up, reconnect the device and see how windows 10 handles it natively.
Failing that install the latest version of anything that Logitech might have for it.
OK, thanks. I will try it.

Ask a Question