W10 wireless audio

Reaction score
I need help.

At present I am simultaneously recording four separate microphones, wired to four USB microphone soundcards, through a USB four port device and thence to a Windows 10 tablet. Each microphone has it’s own recording software in Windows 10, which selects, during setup, which microphone it records.

I now wish to make the microphones wirelessly record directly to the W10 tablet, getting rid of all cables, USB ports, etc.

The four microphones must all show in the Sound settings of W10 in order for my software to be able to select which microphone to record.

Any genius out there know how to do this using, say, Bluetooth, or wifi without a router ?

FYI I am in my eightieth year, and I think that my brain is rapidly going down the drain.

Reply in words of less than three syllables if possible !!

Rgds, Chris.

Reaction score
I know nothing about microphones but I guess that there are plenty of wireless microphones out there as you see them used all the time. So I took a quick look and it appears that all you save is the wire between the microphone and the USB hub. That the microphones all have a wireless transmitter ( which implies batteries ) and a receiver that plugs in USB. From the stuff I saw it looks as if multiple microphones are not a problem as each one will pair with its own receiver.

Now I did not see, but it must be out there somewhere, if the wireless systems plugged in USB would still show in Sound settings...but I'd think they would. Once they get to USB they'd just be the same as an ordinary microphone...needs checking tho'.

It looks from pictures of wireless mics that the port spacing an a normal USB hub might not be wide enough for 4 of these receivers plugged in and the hub would need to be powered to support the load of the receivers.

Another complexity is that the wireless frequency band for microphones is changing in 2020 in the USA anyway so I suppose one would have to be careful to get new ones that support the new frequency allocation.

So. All off the shelf gear except possibly for the USB hub, you might need an 8 port hub to have space for the receivers.

I hope this is helpful

Reaction score
Thinking further. Undoubtedly it would be possible to build a device to emulate the microphone receivers on a Raspbery Pi... the mark III has enough processing power to do this. The Raspberry could then Wifi ( on its own) or Bluetooth( via dongle) to the tablet. I bet this might require a noticeable amount of electronics work to do.

Now if you had a desktop I'd bet that somewhere someone makes a card that can support the microphones directly by emulating the different receiver or even coming as a package with microphones Some band somewhere must need such a thing.

Ask a Question