Wdf Violation

Reaction score
Trying to reset my computer back to factory and i am not able to. One there is no option and even if i try and reset my computer all i get is wdf violation and nothing has been changed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure where you're at or what exactly you can do at this point, but.....
IF you can get to the advanced troubleshooting screen can you use "Startup Settings" to boot the computer into Safe Mode.
That is usually associated with a driver problem (Windows Driver Foundation) so perhaps booting into safe mode with minimal drivers might get you to a point where you can address the driver issue.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I upgraded to windows 10 two days ago as prompted by Microsoft. As soon as I did two of the USB ports stopped working and today it is on a constant loop saying wdf violation with a blue screen with no access to advanced settings or any other way of repairing. I don't have a recovery disk and don't have my hard drive backed up. I'm so annoyed with Microsoft as I was happily using windows 7 with no problems and now I have no PC. Why issue a prompt to upgrade if it's so full of bugs that is has effectively ruined my machine? Yes I want a way to fix this but I also want to know how to make a complaint to Microsoft. Did you get sorted Tiffany?

Reaction score
Im having a wdf looping problem with my home pc not my laptop what should i do to fix this i down loaded windows ten less then a week ago onto my home pc so it would match my laptop now my home pc is not working and i can't get it to stop looping i have unplugged it and let it sit for two days then plugged it back in and still the same thing fix please

Ask a Question