wdf_violation windows 10

Reaction score
I successfully upgraded my 1.5 year old mini HP PC from W7 to W10. The only things that seemed not to work properly after the update were the two front mounted SSB receptacles which I used for my mouse. I then moved the mouse to one of the rear mounted USB ports and used it that way until I had to restart the PC. After reboot, the PC went into the loop displaying the "wdf_violation". I did a hard shut down as it went through its paces many times and did nothing, and now the PC will not boot up. The monitor is blank and senses no signal. I have a W7 recovery and repair CDs, recovery USB, and even Knoppix live CD. None on those work because the DVD ROM does not seem to be read even though I can hear it trying to spin up. I can't change the boot order, can't seem to force it into BIOS or safe mode either. Any ideas of what I can do mitigate this? I really need to get this machine up and running. Any help is appreciated.

Ask a Question