windows 10 wdf_violation

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Ready many forums and many articles but none with a solution, I upgraded to Windows 10 last night, after the upgrade I noticed all of my Mother Board drivers were not installed. I updated all drivers manually then upon the restart got the BSOD with the error "windows 10 wdf_violation". The computer keeps rebooting and stating this error, is there a solution, I can't lose the information on the computer and I can't get to safe mode using the F8 key. Any Suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF for some reason your windows installation hasn't determine that it is failing to boot and presented you with a repair option screen, and if you have reason to think that Safe Mode might help you, then......
Boot into the Windows Recovery Environment either by using a Recovery Disk that you've made, or the original Installation Media.
Choose Repair, Advanced Troubleshooting, Command Prompt and type
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
reboot your PC and tap the F8 key (no shift key required) and it should work for you as it has in the past.
Hope this helps

Reaction score
I did the upgrade through Windows Update so I didn't have any options to make recovery disks or any other options during the upgrade. I also didn't make any repair disks after the upgrade, do I have any options as I just get the endless loop of blue screen and F8 does nothing?

Ask a Question