Weird Countdown Thing

Reaction score
please help! this random thing looks like volume slider appeared on my screen, it stays on top of any window open and i cant figure out what it is or how to get rid of it, cant see anything in task manager. when you click it it jumps to wherever you click on the slider then counts to zero and leaves an x at the bottom which you cant click or do anything with, i cant reposition it and cannot right click it
weird thing.jpg

Reaction score
ok figured out it does relate to the volume control but no matter what volume i select it counts down to zero and this thing still will not move off my desktop...

Bif

Reaction score
ok figured out it does relate to the volume control but no matter what volume i select it counts down to zero and this thing still will not move off my desktop...
Are you using a laptop or desktop with a separate wired/wireless keyboard?..it may be an issue with the keyboard like a sticky volume key..
Just spitballing but worth a look.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had a buddy call me with the same problem and after much fussing he determined that it was related to a Casio Keyboard (or some other midi music device) he had attached to his system.

Bif

Reaction score
I had a buddy call me with the same problem and after much fussing he determined that it was related to a Casio Keyboard (or some other midi music device) he had attached to his system.
I had it briefly as well with my Logitech wireless keyboard before I removed the Ritz cracker crumbs ;-)

Reaction score
ok it is todo with my wireless keyboard however not cured with cleaning or with removing volume keys!!??

Bif

Reaction score
ok it is todo with my wireless keyboard however not cured with cleaning or with removing volume keys!!??
Go and uninstall the driver for your keyboard from device manager..remove the dongle,then reboot..once logged in reinsert the dongle and let Windows reinstall the keyboard driver...see if that solves the issue.
This is just a guess,but might have something to do with a corrupt driver..

Ask a Question