SOLVED Weird email freaking me out

Reaction score
I sent an email to 6 people (one email addressed to 6 individuals) in zoom group. Received this back from (email removed). This receipt verifies that
the message has been displayed on the recipients computer. (that email address is foreign to me....I've never sent anything to anyone I don't know, and isn't the address of anyone in my "address book" nor to any of the 6 my email was
sent.
It's freaking me out....has someone hacked into my email address? Does anyone have any idea who/what this is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I have an ATT.net account and Outlook rather than prodigy. (the strange email was a prodigy
address.) I looked at the article you sent but don't see Outlook help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A techie looked up that Prodigy address, and found no warnings. It turned out it's an old address of one of the 6 ladies I sent my email to, which she had set up to send receipts. She didn't realize the old address was still functioning, but apparently ATT still supports old prodigy accounts.

Reaction score
A techie looked up that Prodigy address, and found no warnings. It turned out it's an old address of one of the 6 ladies I sent my email to, which she had set up to send receipts. She didn't realize the old address was still functioning, but apparently ATT still supports old prodigy accounts.
Glad you solved it.

Ask a Question