What can the Control Panel do that Settings can't?

Reaction score
Dave open the control panel, in the search box top right type "All" in fact all I type in is the letter "A" and the immediately switches to the extended view all. Yes now I see it's been around for some time, I even see it on my Laptop Win 7. I don't recall ever seeing it before and thought it was a new feature. With Win 10, every day is like opening a box of chocolates. LOL
I don't think it's anything to fuss over, but the number of exceptions concerns me.

Reaction score
OK. I only needed to type in A.

Just been experimenting. I think the feature may have been there a while. It is working with Cortana Search facility.
You can actually type any single letter in there and it will immediately go to that item

Last edited:
Reaction score
I stumbled across it just a few weeks back when MS moved the Contol Panel from the menu.
All these years and didn't even know "Show All" existed. When something works for us we tend to stay in our comfort zone as we mature.

Ask a Question