What information does Windows 10 relay back to Microsoft?

Reaction score
Like many users, I click through user agreements very quickly. I had a brief read of the Windows 10 agreement when I upgraded, but I still don't understand what information they snoop on.

Can anyone please tell me what information Windows 10 sends?

Thank you.

Bif

Reaction score
Short answer,
Everything!
Although you can ease the paranoia, and "limit" what is shared with them... although I'm (some) are of the opinion that turning these settings off do little if nothing as far as privacy goes.

Bif

Reaction score
^ Anti-beacon is my antispying doohickey of choice..I have reasonable faith in it's abilities.

Reaction score
I have all the placebo buttons turned off in privacy settings. I suppose private browsing would solve many issues.

Reaction score
Working with a local account probably helps too instead of signing in with a Microsoft account unless you need cortana and other features that rely on a MS account.

Bif

Reaction score
Just for sh**'s and giggles I thought I would check my Anti-Beacon settings and protection level.....AND low and behold...the telemetry setting was turned off when I know for a fact is was fully protected.
Interesting fact, not sure if this is a t the hands of the MS gods or if I need to constantly check this setting?...something to note though!

Reaction score
O&O's Shutup10 was the first to support the creators update (which I'm now using). I'm not sure the others have been updated. You almost have to check those after every monthly update. Microsoft has been known to reset privacy settings, even with anti beacon (or others) running. I've had it happen.

Bif

Reaction score
^ I may give it a try just for something to do!...it never dawned on me that I'd have to re enable the settings in Anti Beacon with each cumulative..but now I do.

Ask a Question