What Mini "RAM GB Reqd? for Win 10 Home.

Reaction score
I had 3 GB RAM when I recd my laptop HP pavilion Dv4t and later
removed 1 GB due to faulty card.I had upgraded from Vista to W 7 to W 10.
Now with Window 10, I have frequent freeze.
1. I want to add additional RAM, Will it solve these FREEZE issue?
2. Will 2 Gb card is better than 1 GB card?
Or Any other clue to eliminate the Freezing problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally speaking Windows 10 will perform as well if not slightly better than Windows 7 on the same amount of RAM.
If that laptop dates back to Vista, then your hard disk might be getting sketchy.
Since it is likely an older 5400 RPM spinner, you might want to consider investing in a newer SSD assuming a SATA interface (and not an older IDE).

Reaction score
Generally speaking Windows 10 will perform as well if not slightly better than Windows 7 on the same amount of RAM.
If that laptop dates back to Vista, then your hard disk might be getting sketchy.
Since it is likely an older 5400 RPM spinner, you might want to consider investing in a newer SSD assuming a SATA interface (and not an older IDE).
The processor is Intel(R) core(TM)2 duo CPU [email protected].. Also another performance issue is Edge is very
slow in response!!! The memory use is always above 50%.. what processes can be stopped to reduce memory usage pl?

Ask a Question