XPS MiniView Problem

Reaction score
Hey! I was just casually scrolling through my Device Manager stuff, and I saw that "Other devices" was open. I looked in it, It had a Device called
XPS MiniView
. I was also wondering why the icon had a triangle with a "!" in it. I double clicked on it. it's all normal, except one thing was not. It said:
Device status
"
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
"
I was actually surprised of that. So that's why I'm here, asking this question: How do I fix the error with MiniView without User Account Control Prompts?

Reaction score
I checked the Dell site and there are no Win 10 drivers for that system so it is not approved for a Win 10 update.

I have no idea what a miniView even is so not easy to find a driver. If Win 10 does not have a built-in driver for the device you are probably out of luck.

The only thing I might ask is for you to supply the HardwareID for the device which you can find in the properties section, if it even gives you one.

Reaction score
Have to agree with Saltgrass. I have 2 Dell Desktops, Optiplex 755 and Inspiron 530s, running the IP/Insider Preview of Win10 and had to install Video cards as there are no drivers for the Intel Express onboard adapters.

If no desiring to see the prompts one could Disable the item in Device Manager then over a few days of your normal use notice what doesn't work.

Ask a Question