What the heck is going on??

Reaction score
Just logged in as usual then this pops up:

2017-05-22_183829.jpg
This happened in Chrome as well as in Firefox.... they claim this site has an invalid certificate...

Its the first time this has happened to me.....

Does anyone knows more about that??

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Grizzly,

Our site was under attack from idiots posting multiple spams in foreign languages.

Ian has had to increase security to help prevent that.

It may be that increased security that has affected the certificate. We'll have to wait until Ian arrives to confirm.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up - it looks like our hosting control panel decided not to renew the SSL certificate overnight. I'm manually doing it now, then looking at the logs to see why it wasn't automatic.

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info. I am relieved it is not something serious. I already thought the site might have been hacked...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The errors that browsers give for expired SSL certificates is pretty dramatic, so I hope it hasn't deterred anyone! The site was still secure, it's just that the SSL cert hadn't renewed when it was meant to.

I've made changes to the renewal process so that it works with our server hardening, but I'm also switching monitoring companies, as the one we are using didn't pick up the SSL certificate problem, which would have meant I could have fixed it asap.

Ask a Question