What turns off my monitor?

Reaction score
In Settings/Power & Sleep there is an option for Screen, turn off after, and a drop down menu to pick between one minute and never.

I'm currently set at five hours yet my screen goes dark after no more than two hours with no activity. I once had the setting put to "never" but it made no difference in when it went dark. It seems apparent that something else is controlling when the screen goes dark besides Windows 10. Any ideas? Thanks.
Larry

Regedit32

Reaction score
You could check screen saver settings:
  • Right-click on Start then select Settings > Personalization
  • Now on left side click Lock screen
  • Scroll to bottom of main window and click Screen saver settings
  • In the window that pops up click the Screen saver drop arrow and select either (None) or if you want a screen saver then below that set a time limit that suits you.

Reaction score
You could check screen saver settings:
  • Right-click on Start then select Settings > Personalization
  • Now on left side click Lock screen
  • Scroll to bottom of main window and click Screen saver settings
  • In the window that pops up click the Screen saver drop arrow and select either (None) or if you want a screen saver then below that set a time limit that suits you.
Thanks, that just might fix it. Getting there is a bit different from what you describe. There is no link to "personalization" from "settings", I just right click on the desktop and choose "personalize". I had searched for "screen saver" but the system finds no matches. Anyway I've changed "screen saver" from blank to "none". I think that's the fix I've been looking for. Why there should be settings both for turning the screen off with a screen saver and turning it off under "screen" in "power & sleep" settings eludes me. Apparently the screen saver setting overrides what you chose in power settings. Thanks again for your help.

Ask a Question