battery at 96% running on battery watching video pc turns off

Reaction score
While unplugged watching a video online, the computer will turn itself off in about 16 minutes and still have 96% battery life left. Screen saver is off. slideshow screen saver is off. In the power settings both screen and sleep are all set to never. Hard drive activity is set to 1200 minutes. automatic update check is from midnight to 4am. I tried it at 5pm. pc is a ASUS ROG G751JL Which came with windows 8.1 with a microsoft update to windows 10 and all current updates. did a dskchk/f ,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi troglor,

Welcome to the Forum.

Others experiencing these kinds of symptoms have resolved it by updating the drivers for their Graphics Card or chipset. Have you tried doing that yet?

Reaction score
troglar I don't see HD activity setting on my Dell.
Check Power options > Change when PC sleeps > Change advanced power settings > +HD. expand +HD >Turn off HD after xx minutes.

Reaction score
troglar I don't see HD activity setting on my Dell.
Check Power options > Change when PC sleeps > Change advanced power settings > +HD. expand +HD >Turn off HD after xx minutes.
all set to never sleep and never turn off

Reaction score
Hi troglor,

Welcome to the Forum.

Others experiencing these kinds of symptoms have resolved it by updating the drivers for their Graphics Card or chipset. Have you tried doing that yet?
nvidia graphics card has automatic updates and a program to check for updates. I do it weekly for all programs on my pc.

Reaction score
I think you have a battery capacity problem. When was the last time the battery had a full discharge <20% capacity. Do you keep the battery charger power plug connected continually?

Ask a Question