Today i checked my event viewer and found some weird errors from 21.01.2018 :

A spam of:
WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error

And only one :
WHEA Event ID 47 memory-corrected hw error

Here are screen with one of them:

image.jpg

image.jpg

This day i remember i finished installing Windows 10. And system was completely on idle overnight.

Errors was only in 21 january. From 22 january till today no errors in event viewer,i checking now all days.

This happened in day when i finished installing Windows 10.

Errors starts showing on IDLE in event logs in 3 a.m and finished at 3 at noon. After that errors stops showing.

I triied memtest86,ihcmemtet all benchmarks and no errors. No bsods,no freezing.

Any ideas why that happened? That was error related to hardware or ?

And i dont know why this errors happened in this day?

Computer is:
8700K stock, MTE on, 4700mhz auto clock
Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP ON)
Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus
Corsair 750 Rmi
SSD Crucial 525GB
HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update

All settings in UEFI are stock,defaulted . Only XMP profile is on.

Temps of cpu fine,temps of gpu fine. Never had any single BSOD. Memtest86 and ihcmemtest no errors. All benchmarks passing, no crashing in games

Only saw that error in event viewer which make think that is still with cpu or rams or mobo or psu?

Looking across internet i have found bad opinions about this. I am so depressed guys!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Event ID 19 can often be a false/positive report, which can be the result of incorrect interpretation of data from the chipset.

Windows 10 Server users have also found the latest mitigation to protect against the speculative execution is triggering these types of events which implies the manufacturers of hardware in some computers really need to provide updated chipset software.

Microsoft provided a temporary work-around [ which in effect disables the aforementioned mitigation for the time being ] until the computer manufacturers catch up with this. It's possible even if you are not running your computer on a Server, this work-around may result in a reduction of cessation of the Events you are noticing.

To be safe though, first Create a Restore Point!

Having done that, press your Windows key + S to give focus to your search field, then:
  • Type command in the search field and right-click on Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator
  • Click Yes when the User Account Control prompts you
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt console type or copy & paste the following:
Code:
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

Press Enter key to execute, then type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

Press Enter key to execute, then type Exit and press Enter key to close the console

Restart Computer

Keep an eye on the Event Viewer to see whether this issues you described stop or at least occur less frequently. If they continue to appear still then report back and we'll have to look at other possible causes.

Note: In the event the issue persists, you can either:
  • Use the System Restore Point you created to reverse the above changes, or type or copy & paste the following in an Administrator: Command Prompt console:
Code:
REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /f

Press Enter key to execute, then type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /f

Press Enter key to execute, then type Exit and press Enter key to close console.

Restart Computer

See here for more information:

https://support.microsoft.com/sl-si...-to-protect-against-the-speculative-execution

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
System at beggining was 16299.15 when i saw that WHEA-ERRORS.

I remember that my system get updated to build 16299.192 in 22 january and after that i get 0 errors. Then updated to 16299.214 and still 0 errors.

I remember i had hibernate/sleep mode TURN ON AFTER 15 minutes during that time when it throws errors. Now i have to NEVER on setting. Maybe that was related?

Anyway after 21 january till today i get 0 errors. Should i be worry?

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you no longer get errors then you are fine.

It was likely just a false/positive you originally saw.

Reaction score
I have only just noticed after scrolling through event manger that i have been getting these warnings only from 21.01 january:
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0 (also sometimes happens for 6 or 8 aswell)

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that errors from 21.01?

I tried to reproduce issue by formatting disk and installing again Windows 10 but they dont appear again. From microsoft they said that this is hardware issue. So why i cant reproduce this?

Reaction score
After 2 months ( none ) happened yesterday on idle when i was in work again.
So not on load but just on idle when was only steam running on background.
Any ideas?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ask a Question