SOLVED When Logging in, screen will lock for awhile.

Reaction score
I turn on Win10 Laptop and it boot up. Shows the initial login screen. I get that spinning circle while it does it's thing. Then,,, the screen goes blank, I can do Nothing! No cursor movement, no keys function, nothing. After about 8 minutes... everything comes back and it works just fine till there is a shutdown. Then same thing happens. I changed nothing. (famous last words). I've had this for over a year. Just started happening out of the blue. Any thoughts on resolving this?
Thanks for any advise.

Reaction score
Hello,

It could be many things, but first you should try running some antimalware such as MalwareBytes and see what the results say.

Try to keep files on the desktop to a minimum and make sure you have plenty of hard drive space up your sleeve (you can check this from Start > File Explorer > This PC > C: drive).

Reaction score
I ran Avast and Malwarebytes. Nothing showed. Desktop files are shortcuts to programs. About 10 of them.
Again nothing has been added for quite awhile. Lots of hard drive space.

Reaction score
turn on Win10 Laptop and it boot up. Shows the initial login screen. I get that spinning circle while it does it's thing. Then,,, the screen goes blank, I can do Nothing! No cursor movement, no keys function, nothing. After about 8 minutes... everything comes back and it works just fine till there is a shutdown.

Could be a number of causes. Older systems with slower CPU's and minimum memory, Hard drive full or failing. Downloading updates. Too many start up items. Seeing your system specs might help.

Try booting with Ethernet / WiFi disabled.

Check for unnecessary startup items with Task Manager.
(Right click on task bar & select.
upload_2018-9-21_16-4-12.png

Try booting in Safe mode. (Type Msconfig in run box).
upload_2018-9-21_16-0-55.png

Try booting with Diagnostic Startup Selected in System Configuration

upload_2018-9-21_15-58-28.png

Time startup with all of the different options. This should give some indications as to what is causing the delay.

Reaction score
As suggested by Garyw, I went thru the StartUps and Disabled 3. I also defragged. That seems to have resolved it. Big Thanks!! Happiness abounds! :)

Ask a Question