SOLVED Password screen when logging in.

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm a 'newbie'. This is not important; everything still is working fine. But I notice (after taking the latest 'Creator' update yesterday) the Password screen is now grey in color; used to be blue. This is definitely trivial, but curious if it's intentional or if anyone else has noticed it? Thanks, Larry

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi larryk,

I had that same grey screen the first time I played with my Spotlight settings in Creator: the settings you use to get a different photo each day on your logon.

One reboot later and things returned to normal, with the blue screen and then a new photo on the lock screen.

Not entirely sure why that happened, but I suspect some settings take a moment to kick in with Windows.

Reaction score
Thanks regedit. I accidentally got my answer this morning when I was investigating my Lock Screen Settings. I had chosen the solid blue for my picture. But the slide switch under 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' was turned off...and I didn't do it. Guess I'll just chalk it up to one of those strange Windows things! lol. Just wish all my computer issues were this hard.

Ask a Question