When the New Windows Releasing?

Reaction score

Reaction score
I have heard that it comes out in may (FYI it is called 2004) I am watching for it's release and will probably pounce on it the day it come out!

Reaction score
Flight Hub

• 04/29/2020
Welcome to Flight Hub! Use this dashboard to quickly identify the latest Windows Insider Preview releases for PC, Server, IoT. You can also look up the status of the SDK and ISO images.

Active Development Builds of Windows 10

Moving forward, the Fast ring will receive builds directly from this active development branch and new features will show up in these builds first. While features in the Active Development Branch may be slated for a future Windows 10 release, they are no longer matched to a specific Windows 10 release. This means that builds from the active development branch simply reflect the latest work in progress code from our engineers.

Table 1
Upcoming Windows 10 Feature Update (20H1)

You can get builds of 20H1 today if you've opted into the Slow ring.

The items in bold are the latest releases for the individual versions of the item.

Note

We have replaced the Server column with a column for the Release Preview ring which is show as "RP" below.

Table 2

Reaction score
Brandon LaBlanc

update from Brandon
Build 19619 is not 20H2. And its not version 2004 either. It's not tied to a specific release.

Reaction score
According to the Journalist Paul Thurrott the release of the 2004 has been rescheduled due to a Zero-Day-Exploit. The release has been moved from May 12th,2020 to May 28th,2020

The new schedule:

Release for OEMs / PC manufacturers: May 5th
Developer update available: May 12
Windows 10 May 2020 Update General Availability: May 28th

(source: Winfuture.de)

Reaction score
Weighing up the ifs and buts in all the posts her, it does appear most likely, that the update will start to roll out around the last week of this month.

Reaction score
Tempted, I took advantage of the various links, and downloaded the Windows 2004 release. Rather long winded but got there in the end, installed keeping my existing software. Too my surprise, it then offered a cumulative update and a couple of routine updates.
All running smoothly on a pretty old Dell latitude 5570.

1588999343633.png

Reaction score
My post #6 - All quite legit.
But since then I rejoined the fast ring snd got it there.

Reaction score
At this penultimate stage, it is probably a good idea to make sure you have all the latest cumulative updates installed. Some could be in praparation for the one at the end of the month.

I have just received KB4556799, which brings the OS up to:

1589344088436.png

Possibly the two I have emphasised are significant?
  • Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
  • Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
  • Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
  • Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Xbox.
  • Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
  • Updates for storing and managing files.
  • Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.

Ask a Question