SOLVED When watching Netflix in Full HD, the video flashes and there is noise.

Reaction score
When watching Netflix in Full HD (Edge) the picture flashes from time to time.

noise.jpg

My monitor with DVI connector is plugged into the DisplayPort connector on my motherboard. The graphics card is an Intel UHD 630.

The same motherboard has HDMI output. When I plug the monitor into the HDMI connector, the playback stutters from time to time and LatencyMon shows a problem with dxgkernl.sys

The drivers and Bios are the latest from both the motherboard manufacturer's website and Intel. The problem does not occur with another monitor. The problematic monitor works fine on another computer.

Cables:
Gembird DisplayPort - DVI-D 1.8m black (CCDPMDVIM6)
Hama HDMI - DVI-D 1.5m black (1221300000)

I have run out of ideas, has anyone of you encountered this problem?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
First, lets start off by getting your complete system specifications along with make/model of your monitor.

Reaction score
OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042 (x64)
Main Board: MS-7C81, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

RAM: 16250 MB total
Monitor: Philips 236v

Reaction score
There is a program called CRU where you can add other refresh rates. I added 55Hz and it works. The picture is stable, problems with noise and blinking black screen disappeared. Maybe it will be useful for someone
1611005382455.png

I bought a solid DP/DVI cable - short 1m to rule out a length problem. The noise got fixed, but the screen started flashing. Black screen once in a while for a split second. I bought a DP1.2 to DVI adapter (active Delock 62599) - it continued to flicker black. Only the 55hz trick solved the problem.

Apparently one of the monitors doesn't like this Intel motherboard/graphics for some reason, or there is some problem with the Intel UHD card driver.

So far for me it's weird to say the least but I'm glad that the trick with minimally changing the refresh rate works (may also solve a similar problem at 144hz that a lot of people have. It is possible that all you need to do is lower Hz slightly.). Many people have this problem, maybe the solution will be useful for someone. Please note that in CRU 'timing' is supposed to be 'Automatic' and after running 'restart64' you need to change the frequency in Windows panel.

Last edited:

Ask a Question