SOLVED Which was the best or worst

Reaction score
In your opinion, which was the best operating system?. Mine has to be Win7 with no arguments.

Reaction score
The only versions I never owned since starting with MS-DOS 5 and Windows 3.1 were WinME/Millenium Edition and WinVista [but did help clients with them]. I think for experienced users the 'worst' was Win8's desktop/Start menu but improved a bit with Win8.1. Win98SE was great as it included support for USB 2 device drivers and ICS/Internet Connection Sharing. Also had computers with WinNT 3.51/4/2000.

Reaction score
I think Windows 7 and down are the only ones I've never had to sign into.

Reaction score
I may be young, but based off my experiences with operating systems it is definitely Windows 7 or XP, But I do see why you choose 2000.
Windows Vista was a failure sadly.

Even though this is off topic Linux beats every single one of those versions combined.

Reaction score
Will seriously look at Linux as it gets closer to 2025 as i cannot install W11

Reaction score
Windows 2000 best and worst Windows 95 Windows 8 wasn't that bad other than the interface compared to 95 it was wonderful

Reaction score
IMO the latest Win-10 21H2 without a question and/or doubt, worst 3.0, ME and Vista but and yes allot will say XP or Win-7 are the best but in my opinion they are ancient no where near the efficiency/simplicity of the streamlined OS like Win-10 that works 100% and great on even 10 + year old desktops and laptops Then we come to this new Win-1121H2 (which I’m using now and is the same as Win-10 21H2 and works great) mind you I had to get a new PC as it will get there but its no different to Win-10 21H2. The only negative with Win-11 is its compatibilities issues like TPM Trusted Platform Module version 2.0 mobos and its limited CPU’s which are the biggest big negatives against it as the mass consumers can’t use this OS! Hence and why these changes restrict it from being in “The Best Windows Category”.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have used 3.1 through 98SE on the Home side and 3.5 through 2000 on the business side. Have used XP through current. Never bought ME/Millenium Edition or Vista [was given an old Vista Notebook]. Some said ME was too rushed to consumers after 2000 was released. ME and Vista seemed to work best on OEM computers, not so good on Customs or as Upgrades. Didn't care much for 8 but 8.1 helped. Still have an XP and 7 Desktop available.

Reaction score
If you upgrade to Linux use Zorin. It has a very good interface.
I was about to recommend Zorin as well, but you beat me to it Haha. It can be configured to look like windows and mac. So, for those of you who don't like windows but find Linux to intimidating then use Zorin, you can run windows programs on it as well if you wish using a program called Wine but that is another project for another time.

Ask a Question