Who was the non-Brain behind the PDF/WPS default save with no way to convert to word?

Reaction score
Every time I download something, or have to print to my computer, it downloads as an online PDF or sends it to a WPS file. I can transfer the online to an Adobe PDF to fill it in, sometimes, but it won't save to an offline PDF. As far as the WPS, several companies (including the National Guard) cannot open WPS files half of the time when I email them paperwork. Is there someone with actual brains going to correct this so that I have the option to save in Word (or even Rich Text File) and/or an offline, fillable PDF?

Reaction score
HI WilliamVic,

do you have Adobe reader set as default PDF reader?, when you download a PDF file, can you click on "Save as"?.

Give us a link to what it is you are trying to download and we will see if we can click on "save as" and see what it does!. :D ("We" meaning anyone that wants to help you!).

Reaction score
Yes, Adobe is the default. On the items downloaded to an online PDF, I can open with Adobe, but the "save as" only saves as a PDF. It says Adobe PDF, but when I open it, it's still a damn online PDF. I don't really have a link I can put here. It's through my school's site. If the download isn't already a .doc(x) document, it automatically makes it an online pdf with no other options available. Same thing happens with my work documents.

Reaction score
Every time I download something, or have to print to my computer, it downloads as an online PDF or sends it to a WPS file. I can transfer the online to an Adobe PDF to fill it in, sometimes, but it won't save to an offline PDF. As far as the WPS, several companies (including the National Guard) cannot open WPS files half of the time when I email them paperwork. Is there someone with actual brains going to correct this so that I have the option to save in Word (or even Rich Text File) and/or an offline, fillable PDF?

Adobe is copyrighted and the free version doesn't allow you to save to other formats. You need Adobe Professional to be able to edit and save.

Ask a Question