SOLVED Why have "settings/update settings/change active hours" that you can't change?

Reaction score
Under - settings/update settings/change active hours - there is a screen to change your active hours. The default is to assume your active hours start at 8:00 A.M. and end at 5:00 P.M.
Every attempt I've made (many times) to change those setting and save them, my changes are ignored. Any idea why they would have this screen, looking like something you can customize, but not allowing any changes to actually be made to it?

The only way I know to get to the screen is to search for "windows update settings" through Cortana.

Reaction score
The interface is a little misleading. Once you get on the screen with the times listed and you have selected your new times, DON'T click on the save button. At the bottom of the box with the time selections there is a small checkmark. Click on it first, then click the save button.

Ask a Question