SOLVED Why won't My W10 PC see my Macs on the Home Network?

Reaction score
I have two Macs on my network and I can share files back and forth without any hassle. I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and it "sees" everything on my home network from my wifi printer (prints just fine) to my Western Digital MyCloud NAS drives to my TVs! But for some strange reason I can't see the Macs. I have file sharing allowed, but perhaps I'm just not network savvy enough to get this working.

Currently I have a physical PC running Windows 10, but eventually, I want to run Windows 10 on a separate partition on one of the Macs. But for the time being, I'd like to get the PC and Macs hooked up so I don't have to walk back and forth with a USB stick every time I want to bring a graphics file over to the Mac from the PC or vice versa.

Definitely need a helping hand here LOL, I'm a retired designer... and I try to keep active in graphics design work here in my senior community, do a lot of pro bono work if you know what I mean LOL. Thanks in advance for any/all help.

Mike

Reaction score
I didn't try accessing Windows, Linux and Mac computers directly, dumped whatever files or folders I might want to work with in the Mapped Public folder on my 2 WD My Cloud NAS drives. I could then use either Wired or Wireless/Wi-Fi connected computers to access the files, whatever I needed to Map the Public.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No real first hand experience with Mac networking, but....
I do know that the "Bonjour" service running on your Windows machines is somehow important.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I have some moderate success... added a shared folder on the C:/ drive and I guess I got the share right because the Mac can now access whatever files or sub-folders I put on it!

What I'd like to do now is somehow keep these machines talking to each other on my home network, but eliminate internet access for the PC. I'd like to do that to keep it clean of junk, and still be able to "switch" it back on when I need to update Windows or something like that.

Ask a Question