Will Restoring To Factory Settings Remove Windows 10 On A New Pc

DG.

Reaction score
Pc is less than 2 weeks old it came with windows 10. I cant stand it and refuse to use it any longer. I dont want to return my pc to the store because windows 10 is ruining a perfectly great computer. will restoring to factory settings remove windows 10 on a new pc and do we have an option to install a downgrade instead of 10? THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE.

Reaction score
I only have experience of "factory settings" with Dell computers. With those, the answer is Yes..but.

Restoring to factory settings on a Dell, puts you back to a computer in virgin condition. The downfall, addressing your query, is that it will then, on startup, take you through the hoops for reinstalling, from the preloaded image - guess --- Windows 10.

Apropos nothing. I would suggest, wiith respect, that you stop multi posting on the same subject. Get your complaints in order and post. You will find many of your problems with Windows 10 can be discussed reasonably and, in most cases, solved by members.

Reaction score
I would think if it came with Windows 10 that is probably the factory image so it will not restore to some earlier OS.

Whether you could downgrade would be between you and the OEM. You may have to purchase the earlier OS.

If while you are checking your options, as Dave mentions, many Windows 10 annoyances can be resolved.

Reaction score
Pc is less than 2 weeks old it came with windows 10
I'm with Saltgrass on this one. Since it came with Windows 10 installed at the factory, a "factory reset" should return to the configuration it had coming out of the factory - and that is Windows 10.

@DG Perhaps if you told us what you don't like about W10, we can help you. And to that, what were you hoping a factory reset would take it to? Windows 8.1 which most people hated? Or Windows 7, which Windows 10 is much more like?

Either way, I recommend you stick with Windows 10. Like most new things, once you get used to it, it becomes intuitive and soon, the old way seems old and archaic. Rolling back to an older Windows operating system rolls you back to a less secure Windows operating system. Not good.

Your other option is to install Linux which has a much higher learning curve than W10.

Ask a Question