Win 10 Mail Revisited

Reaction score
Ongoing issue addressed recently. First off, Win 10 Mail quit sending and receiving any and all mail 3 days ago. No changes were made that I know of. My ongoing issue with contact lists sill exists. The contact list bottom left people is totally different that the list I use in new mail. and both are totally different from my gmail contact list. Looks like I will have to re-populate the PEOPLE LIST but I don't know how to edit the contact list under new mail. Cant do much until I figure out why Win 10 mail has quit on me with both of my accounts.
Help would be appreciated as I am getting bogged down here with confusion.

Reaction score
Thanks for that; I have gone through several of those helpful instructions. Did get my account back up with it's 53 emails waiting. Erased my account and re-loaded it; ok now, for now.

Reaction score
Not exactly solved; had to remove and re-enter my gmail account 3 times this week so far. I just quits send/receiving. My wife's account is working just fine. Can't figure out why it is happening; still working on why outlook and thunderbird won't authenticate anymore. Thunderbird was ok but as advised I tried for Outlook. Username and password issue like way back with outlook express. Good thing I am retired with some time to spend. Still looking. Don't much care about Thunderbird as the whole point of this I to find a program for my email accounts that actually works for me. Like Windows Live Mail; it did it all for me.

Attachments

• Outlook B.S..jpg
    Outlook B.S..jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Thunderbird B.S..jpg
    Thunderbird B.S..jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 139
Reaction score
have been through setting in all of them several times. Just downloaded MAILBIRD and both accounts went in smooth as silk. Will use it for a while to see what happens. I don't mind paying out a bit of money if I can get out of this situation. Mozilla forum has a lot issues coming up but no answers for me so far; as for Outlook; frustrating;

Reaction score
Just an update with this ongoing issue; first off MAILBIRD was OK but wasn't laid out like I want. Mailbird really didn't give me enough time to play before they wanted me to pay; got a short second chance. But lets not add another problem; I removed outlook 2007 as it would not get past the username/password issue. Thunderbird still wont authenticate as it did before. Wanted out of it anyway; slow like death.
So, as of right5 now, my account keeps dropping off in windows mail. Each day at some random time it happens. I go into the gmail web-site and there will be 8 to 10 posts in there waiting my attention. So, I still have to remove my account in win mail, then re-enter it (pain in the ass). The account I made for my wife sites there just fine and gets her mail; On both accounts when I hit the contacts button ( people) that little spinning circle just parks there and says syncing 1 account; does same if I am in either account.https://www.howtogeek.com/235421/how-to-add-contacts-from-gmail-outlook-and-more-to-windows-10s-address-book/
I am going through this how to page as suggested. So, still trying. Hope I receive more ideas other that TNT.

Ask a Question