Win 10 not activated from win 7 to 10 - Error Code 0xc004f050

Reaction score
Hallo

After updating to Windows 10 my computer faild, so I made a clean install of the OS (Win10 Pro).
After a few days the OS tells me to activate Windows with Microsoft, but I get the error: 0xc004f050

I have a valid Windows 7 Pro licence, but cannot activate the Windows 10 installation.

Suggestions?

Reaction score
I have a valid Windows 7 Pro licence, but cannot activate the Windows 10 installation.

The system is NOT asking for your Win 7 product key.
It was asking for the Win 10 product key which you don't have. No body has.

After updating to Windows 10 my computer faild, so I made a clean install of the OS (Win10 Pro).

In order to get a FREE Win 1o upgrade, users MUST do the upgrade either through Windows Update or by using the ISO to do an in-place upgrade install.
After the initial upgrade is successful and activated, then users can do a clean install anytime they want, as often as they want, but not before.

Your mistake was you did a clean install when "updating to Windows 10 " failed.
In other words, your initial upgrade was not successful and not activated.

The only solution now is to reinstall your Win 7 Pro and make sure it is activated.
After reinstall, you have 2 choices.......
1. Update it back to SP1 and wait for Windows Update to give you the upgrade.
2. Download the media Creation Tool and following the instructions below...........

1. Download the media Creation Tool. Make sure you pick the correct bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Run the Tool.
Select Create installation media for another PC option.
That will create a Win 10 ISO.
(You can burn it to a bootable media later on. This method does not require it ).

3. Right click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
This method does not require product key.
Activation will be automatic.

Ask a Question