SOLVED WIN 10 Problem

Reaction score
I installed WIN10 when it first came out and had some issues (although in general I like WIN10). Mainly when viewing a web site (MSN or Google) seems that there are constant updates, the page reloads or momentarily hangs (as if a video is running in the back ground). Went back to WIN7 and did not experience same problems. Recently I decided to give it a second try, thought maybe they MS had corrected these issues. Same problems, anyone else experiencing these problems.

Reaction score
Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+ Del) and see what processes are running and CPU performance.

Reaction score
Norton, may be premature but you may have solved my problem, although I often use task manager to see what is going on with my pc. I recently bought a Netgear AC 1900 router which is great. They had me install a utility called Netgear Genie. This app was using almost 40 % of CPU, Although it is odd I had this router with WIN 7 and had no issues. I do like the app but can live without it. I looked for a way to disable but didn't see it. Thanks for reminder, hope this was it. I will keep you posted

Reaction score
I did try this install and immediately noticed that CPU usage went to 35%, however noticed that I can now disable the app without uninstalling. I do not use the genie often but it is handy to check network connectivity and download/upload speeds. This way I can use it then disable. Thanks again I think as far as I am concerned problem solved

Reaction score
I'm pleased that you resolved your problem. We often overlook the simple methods of problem solving when we have a PC problem. I'm also glad to hear you found out how to disable the app.
Please mark your post as solved.
Thanks!

Ask a Question