SOLVED Win 10 Update not working error 0x80070490

Reaction score
I ran the update troubleshooter about 4 times and each time it said it fixed the error but really did not. I have run the DISM.exe commands and the Scanhealth says that it is repairable. I tried the Restorehealth before and after running net start wuauserv which started successfully. In either case it fails saying it cannot find the source files. Can anyone tell me where the source files are in a clean install of Win 10 and how I would specify that on a Restorehealth command? The one link I found which was supposed to tell you where they are is no longer valid. go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linked=243077 I found another link which said the problem was with Component Based Servicing (CBS) being corrupted.

Reaction score
The problem was an unknown printer in my printer devices. The MS person I was on with updated the drivers to that and my updates are ok again.

Ask a Question