Win 10 won't recognise any mP3 players

Reaction score
I have a new tower with a new Win10...sorry but i hate it. Nothing works properly, it freezes all the time and won't recognise any MP3 players - all different ones. I had no such problem with Win7 at all...so why am i now please? I've followed so many instructions but nothing fixes it.
Any advice would be helpful.

Reaction score
This machine is brand new with W10 ( Home I presume) pre installed? Nothing installed on it yet?

Is it activated? Are you a 'user' or an 'Administrator' Do you use a password to log on and if so is this a password that also is the one you use for Microsoft?

Reaction score
This machine is brand new with W10 ( Home I presume) pre installed? Nothing installed on it yet?

Is it activated? Are you a 'user' or an 'Administrator' Do you use a password to log on and if so is this a password that also is the one you use for Microsoft?
Yes , i am the Administrator and i don't use a windows password as i don't keep serious stuff on there. I have my programmes installed paid an unpaid. Not much on there at all to be honest.
I have 1TB HDD/8GB RAM...and everything else is on externals. it's just that i've never had so many problems since i was forced to switch from Win7. Thinking of using the Linux i got to be honest.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have a new tower with a new Win10...sorry but i hate it. Nothing works properly, it freezes all the time
I think I would seriously consider contacting the seller and seek a solution via a warranty / guarantee.
That's no way to begin your Windows 10 experience and it certainly shouldn't be the case

Reaction score
Can it be presumed your MP3 players are connected by USB cable? If so there may be an issue with using the right port on the computer, not all devices work with the faster USB 3 even though they are supposed to be fall-back to USB 2 devices. Some newer machines have combination USB 2/USB 3 ports which may be an issue. For easy recognize USB 2 has a black center piece while USB 3 is blue.

Reaction score
Work on the freezing problem first. If it's a new system, you will probably have to install drivers that came with the hardware and update them plus the OS.

Ask a Question