SOLVED Win 10Pro 64bit

Reaction score
Needing Advise please,
on MS Advise I updated to 1903, I waited for 3 Hours, but all I have is a black Screen I can not get out of. Have tried Ctrl+Alt+Del, but nothing happens.
Have tried 3 Times over 3 Days to restart the PC. but nothing has changed.
Thank you for any Help

Reaction score
Is it an OEM or Custom computer? Was the install an Upgrade over a previous version of Windows such as Win7 or Win8.1 or an update over a previous version and Build of Win10? In your restart attempts have you been offered a Reset choice?

Reaction score
A Custom Build PC, with Win 10 installed, it was supposed to be a Upgrade from Win10-Version 1809 to 1903.
Have recently installed a larger SSD to hold C:\ Data, but all worked fine until the Upgrade.
When restarting PC the Screen is totally black, and blanc, and had no Offer or anything else, but no trouble restarting, or closing it.
Thank you for your Time......Jutta

Reaction score
Only thing that pops out is about the drive/s, based on the C:\Data info is there another drive installed that is the boot/system drive holding the Windows install? There are/were issues with drives and Version 1903. If the C:\Data drive does not hold the boot files I'd remove it and try the Upgrade again and if that works for 3 or 4 restarts put the Data drive back in. Generally Disk 0 in the BIOS will be C: when the OS is installed and added drives will take a different letter such as D:, E:, etc.

Reaction score
Mark,
Windows 10- 64 bit was installed on C:\ SSD on the 1. PC I am needing help with, only had the SSD 100 GB , changed to a 200GB SSD plus Data, Drive Letters were fixed to my Knowledge as there were no Problems before the Update to 1901.
I have attached a Screenshot of my 2. PC I am writing from, all Drives are set up the same as in my 1. PC, only now have more capacity overall.

Re-reading your Answer, I am beginning to suspect that the Drive Letters were perhaps not fixed correctly....
I wish I could just Restart my 1. Computer and get some, or any Response at all from it...........
I will have to get in Touch with the Gentleman who changed the SSD for me, as it is a bit beyond me.

Thank you for your Help and Time
Jutta

Attachments

• 2019-07-03_145357.jpg
    2019-07-03_145357.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 218
Reaction score
Looking at your image and in hindsight it probably would have been best to disconnect the 4 x 1TB drives [or 1 x 4TB drive] during the install. Most of the 'talk' about the drive issue was about USB and SD/SDHC drives being plugged in but not so much about internal drives although there were some that had the problem..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Noted Mark, and thank you.
I will pass my troubled PC on, to hopefully get it working again.

Ask a Question