Win10 does not display full screen

Reaction score
I am running Win10 on a laptop with Intel HD 3000 on-board graphics which supports up to 2500 x 1600 resolution. I have a 22" monitor set as the only display and supports 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Win10 does not display the extreme right of Windows e.g the taskbar icon for "show Desktop" and anything to the right of this does not display.
More critical is that in Pinnacle 18.6 video editing, the clip 'Trim Tool' at extreme right of the Tool Bar is not displayed making it impossible to use the various trim edit modes and making the software unusable.
There are several other example of the right hand of the screen edge chopped off.

I've tried different resolutions and scaling to no effect. The windows are set to maximum.

Can anyone help or suggest a workaround? Does anyone know if there are short-cut keys for changing the Pinnacle Trim editing mode or moving the tool to the middle of the toolbar? HELP.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open Internet Explorer (site works best with that browser) and go here
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Intel+HD+3000
Grab the Windows 10 and later drivers, Windows 10 and later upgrade & servicing drivers 5/27/2015 9.17.10.4229
That may be a 32 bit only driver so if you need a 64 bit driver you may have to go with Windows 10 and later upgrade & servicing drivers 1/29/2014 9.17.10.3347

Reaction score
Thanks 'Trouble'. I think we are on the right track. I found the driver upgrades you specified.

9.17.10.3347 had 2 versions, one was 59.2mb and other was 39.3mb, both dated 1/29/2014 (I suspect the larger one is for AMD64 systems). I've downloaded both and also 9.17.10.4229 but now I'm confused about what to do next. I expected to double click on some set up program.

The download created a folder "Intel driver update for Intel HD G3000" and included 3 cab files which had long names not recognisable as the versions you specified. The most likely one is dated 6/24/2015, size 41739kb, and name starts X86-all-200005674 etc.

When I double click on this it lists 211 items. How do I get from there to updating my G3000 driver?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You need to manually extract the .cab (cabinet) files.
I typically use 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/ to do that
Afterwards you'll need to update the driver manually from within Device Manager using the .inf file that is contained in the extracted results of the cabinet file.
Driver Install - Manual Method
Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  3. Choose Update Driver Software.
  4. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select Have disk...
  7. Select Browse..
  8. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  9. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.

Ask a Question