Win10 does not see internal dvd/cd Drive E: with Blank Disks

Reaction score
My internal DVD/CD drive E: is not recognized with a blank disk. It was fine until the anniversary update. My USB drives work fine. I put blank dvd in nothing happens to the drive. I have run all kind of tests and it says the drive is OK. The Drive is HP-GT50N Sata. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

Bif

Reaction score
Google that drive and see if there is an updated driver for it, sounds like there is a miscommunication.You could also try disabling it and then enableling it again and see if that solves the issue.
If you can find the driver you have on the HP site, download and save it to desktop, then in device manager uninstall the driver for the drive, reboot and then reinstall the driver from the desktop. It's possible that someone got corrupted during the update.
Best of luck!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I put blank dvd in nothing happens to the drive
What exactly are you expecting to happen, when you insert blank media?
Can you open the drive containing the blank media in File Explorer and drag and drop other files from you computer to it to burn?
You might want to check the registry here
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives
See if you optical drives are listed as volumes below that key and if the value "IsImapiDataBurnSupported" is set to "1" in the right pane, indicating that they support burning.

Reaction score
Trouble-What I want it to do is to spin up the and recognize it so that it can burn. Just like the other one which is On USB port. I checked there were 2 drives and they were set to 1.

Reaction score
Google that drive and see if there is an updated driver for it, sounds like there is a miscommunication.You could also try disabling it and then enableling it again and see if that solves the issue.
If you can find the driver you have on the HP site, download and save it to desktop, then in device manager uninstall the driver for the drive, reboot and then reinstall the driver from the desktop. It's possible that someone got corrupted during the update.
Best of luck!
Bif I tried that and that did not do it either.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What happens when you click on the drive with the blank media inside of File Explorer?

Ask a Question