SOLVED Win10 Mail App junking my emails

Reaction score
I don't get any junk emails, but keep finding genuine emails in my junk folder.
Is it possible to disable the junk folder, or alternatively can it be deleted?

Reaction score
No, but you can open the email and move to your inbox. then call it NOT JUNK.

Reaction score
Thanks Snuffy... I was really looking for a way to avoid having to keep an eye on my junk folder.

Reaction score
Andy, that's normal support from Microsoft. I have had email problems all year long since they updated it in January., The suport folks only believe the problem is on my end. I had changed nothing, but Microsoft sure did.

Reaction score
You can also reduce the junk filter. If it is only a couple of specific emails, you can right click them a classify them as “not junk”

Reaction score
Andy, that's normal support from Microsoft. I have had email problems all year long since they updated it in January., The suport folks only believe the problem is on my end. I had changed nothing, but Microsoft sure did.
Interesting... that's about when I started having this problem too.

Reaction score
You can also reduce the junk filter. If it is only a couple of specific emails, you can right click them a classify them as “not junk”
Thanks Dave, but when I right click I don't get an option to classify them as "not junk". The nearest option to that is "Move to inbox", and that gives me the impression that it's not learning what is not junk.

Reaction score
Sorry. Just noticed the thread title - Mail App! I was thinking Outlook.

Reaction score
I don't get any junk emails, but keep finding genuine emails in my junk folder.
Is it possible to disable the junk folder, or alternatively can it be deleted?
Have that too. So keep your junk folder, check it as normal mail. When good mail arrives in junk click right on email adress and define the email adres as authorized mail. Next message of that sender then wil come in your inbox.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, but when I right click I don't get an option to classify them as "not junk". The nearest option to that is "Move to inbox", and that gives me the impression that it's not learning what is not junk.
Just examined the Mail App. Right click function is there, but it says " Mark as not spam"

Reaction score
Have that too. So keep your junk folder, check it as normal mail. When good mail arrives in junk click right on email adress and define the email adres as authorized mail. Next message of that sender then wil come in your inbox.
I dont see that option in the Windows Mail App?

Reaction score
I dont see that option in the Windows Mail App?
Ok ok. Go to the Outlook web app-select settings- email -options -block or authorise. In order to add an email\domain adress to your safe list copy it in the safe email section - confirm with add- enter.

Reaction score
We are discussing the built in "Mail" app here?
1591780780574.png

Reaction score
Ok ok. Go to the Outlook web app-select settings- email -options -block or authorise. In order to add an email\domain adress to your safe list copy it in the safe email section - confirm with add- enter.
Ask MS virtual assistant. It solved the issue for me on line.

Reaction score
Sorry Kris. No offense, but the op is wanting a feature in the built in Mail App - not the web Outlook.

Reaction score
Just examined the Mail App. Right click function is there, but it says " Mark as not spam"
When I right-click on the message I get the following options:
Archive; Delete; Move; Set Flag; Mark as Read; Ignore (greyed-out and inoperative); Move to Inbox.
I don't see a "Mark as not spam" option there.
My junk mail folder is filling up with non-junk emails (four more today!)

Reaction score
Mine:

1591791956602.png

This is not mydefaault. I use the Desktop Window Outlook. I don't think you will get the exact options you need and I would suggest you try another Email client.
Perhaps a member who is using the built in Mail can step in and help though?

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest Win10 updates yesterday, so I don't understand why my menu is different to yours. Thanks for trying to help Dave.

Ask a Question