Windows 10 64 activation issue

Reaction score
Hi,
I have installed Windows 10 64 bit (in a VM) in a mac using Parallels, but after installation when I try to activate it, the activation did not work. I have provided the valid key.

Not that I have another 32 bit which has been activated with the same key. Is it the issue that two instances with the same key cannot be activated?

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 64 bit Professional.

Please suggest me whether I need to kill the 32 bit instance and then activate 64 bit one with the same key.

Regards,
Mostafa

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have provided the valid key.
From what source to you acquire "the valid key"?
Typically when performing an upgrade no key is needed and any subsequent clean install of the OS on the same device will not require a key either.

Reaction score
From what source to you acquire "the valid key"?
Typically when performing an upgrade no key is needed and any subsequent clean install of the OS on the same device will not require a key either.
I have bought windows 7 Pro and used the same key for upgrade

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have bought windows 7 Pro and used the same key for upgrade
My point is.... you do not use a key, at any time during the "upgrade".
When prompted for a key during the upgrade process, you do not enter anything, you choose the links that say "skip" and or "do this later" at every prompt.

I admit that I am not familiar with "parallels", but I do have Windows 10 installed in a Hyper-V, VM environment and it works the same as an upgrade to a physical machine.

Ask a Question