Windows 10 - automatic repair and applications problem after memtest session.

Reaction score
Hello. My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2, SSD Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, 2x8 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz. I have Windows 10 Pro.

System was formatted and installed due to MBR partition.

System broke after memtest86 bootable from USB session. After finished memtest86 session without errors i restart pc and change in UEFI boot order from UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1: Samsung Evo 850 Evo and then automatic repair started every restart of pc, every start of pc.
So i was left with automatic repair every start of pc.

03_140515103027.jpg

Everytime i restarting Windows 10 by button RESTART from START in next boot i have Automatic Repair. On next boot i am able to boot fine to Windows 10
So overall in every second restart boot ( It's a bit weird that it reboots twice and then get's through )when i get through to Windows 10 i get problem with opening task manager and event viewer and apps. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening.
And last issue. In Windows 10 when i click run TEST 3dmark 11 test was not loaded, but system became laggish and not responding. System was in slowdown. Almost all programs stop working. Start menu was not responding. All applications wont responding and became very laggish. Gets stuck on "Logging Off" when attempt to shutdown or restart. System become unresponsible and laggish.
Weird issue , just simple clicking RUN ( still test was not loaded ) TEST 3dmark 11 making system laggish and unresponsible.

So that overall was my problem. So its only coincidence that happened after memtest86 session or not?
That problems with system unresponsible and problems with opening applications and event viewer or task manager, was related to that Automatic Repair?
Thx. What you think? What caused that corruptions? Somebody said that was because i was changed boot order from UEFI USB KINGSTON to P1: Samsung Evo 850 and it get corrupted.

But UEFI can also boot from a MBR disk. So this in itself shouldn't make Windows think that it needs to repair itself.

So it was related to SSD , RAMS or just software / uefi?

SMART from CrystalDisk is fine. Memtest86 showing no errors.

Sorry for my language , i am from Poland.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice the Date and Time reflect in the top left corner of your BIOS screen.
I would set that properly and I'd probably return to default settings and see if that helped with the issue

Reaction score
That is screen from internet only to show UEFI. Its not my screen.
So date is incorect only in screen.

So any ideas what caused that issues?

Ask a Question