SOLVED Windows 10 black screen!

Reaction score
Hello.. Today I made Windows reset on windows 10. After Reset, I see only black screen with cursor . Turned off pc! Then turned on and after welcome screen when must show up desktop shows up just black screen with cursor! I press Ctrl+alt+delete , and I can see the screen, with all options of it. I opened Task manager, from it runned the internet explorer and now writing this from it!. when I minimize internet explorer I see just black screen with cursor and with minimized explorer in left down corner.. tried disable video drivers, doesn't help. tried open control panel, but it wont open. I don't know what to really do with this! Please help... Made print screen to see how I see my desktop now!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,011

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you right click the black area and choose display settings?
Does that produce anything?
If so, do you see multiple screens?
If so, use the Identify link and see if that shows the screen number.
If it does select it and choose it as your "main display".

Reaction score

I can't right click that black screen.

Reaction score
I can only do things starting from task manager, if I close everything I can do nothing! I use laptop and I have the screen switch button and it doesn't work to . Tried safe mod and it launches with black screen to,,...

Reaction score
After, and only after, you have exhausted your search for a solution, it will be time to do a clean install of Windows 10.

Win 10 ISO is readily available. So, it not hard to reinstall. Just time consuming.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK, in taskmanager choose file, run new task and type
ms-settings:display
hit enter or click ok
What happens then?

Reaction score
OK, in taskmanager choose file, run new task and type
ms-settings:display
hit enter or click ok
What happens then?

So I made one thing to success, but I'm stuck in other way.

I writed in command promt , net user administrator /active:yes
Ctrl+alt+delete , switched to administrator . and everything works! I see my screen and everything works But!!

I deleted that user account with black screen. Made new user with command net user UserName /add cuse when I go to Settings, Accounts ,Other Users and pressing - add someone else to pc, Window opens and closes in a sec.

I opened that new user who is local administrator user, after welcome screen have the same black screen with cursor! Hmm... And when I ms-settings:display from task manager it shows -- > wait operation timed out! after some 10 seconds of freezing.

I don't get it how that's possible! With hidden administrator account everything works, but when make other user it makes black screen...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click restart while holding the Shift Key on your keyboard and boot the computer into Safe Mode (choice #4 when you reach the appropriate screen)
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/
You should be able to do this by using the power button on the sign in screen before logging on.
Log on in safe mode with one of your problem accounts and see if you have the same issue.
If not, then.....
While still in Safe Mode, go into device manager and select your Display adapter (use the View Menu to show hidden devices) and remove / uninstall all display adapters, if prompt to uninstall drivers select yes.
Reboot the computer normally.

Reaction score
Click restart while holding the Shift Key on your keyboard and boot the computer into Safe Mode (choice #4 when you reach the appropriate screen)
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/
You should be able to do this by using the power button on the sign in screen before logging on.
Log on in safe mode with one of your problem accounts and see if you have the same issue.
If not, then.....
While still in Safe Mode, go into device manager and select your Display adapter (use the View Menu to show hidden devices) and remove / uninstall all display adapters, if prompt to uninstall drivers select yes.
Reboot the computer normally.

Yes I logged in Safe Mode and works screen.... But... After deleting all display adapters in device manager and restarting pc, still same black screen .. its very weird, . before I deleted old user account I had black screen even in safe mode. now with new user account black screen only in normal mode.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK, let's try running the machine in Clean Boot.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Works the same in 10 as in 8 or 8.1 so use that as a guide.
You'll need the startup tab in taskmanager and then you will need to launch msconfig from taskmanager as well in order to disable all non-Microsoft services.

Reaction score
OK, let's try running the machine in Clean Boot.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Works the same in 10 as in 8 or 8.1 so use that as a guide.
You'll need the startup tab in taskmanager and then you will need to launch msconfig from taskmanager as well in order to disable all non-Microsoft services.

Did everything like in your link was writed, but anyways it turns on with black screen.
These are only things on start up.
Thank you for helping, really thanks! I hope there is solution for my problem..

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 774

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What about msconfig services tab, disabling all NON-Microsoft services
Did you do that as well?
Do you have a third party security suite install on this computer (Avast, Avira, AVG, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, Vipre, Zone Alarm, etc.,)

Reaction score
What about msconfig services tab, disabling all NON-Microsoft services
Did you do that as well?
Do you have a third party security suite install on this computer (Avast, Avira, AVG, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, Vipre, Zone Alarm, etc.,)

Yes I disabled all Non-Microsoft services, and in Start up disabled And restarted pc. Nothing changed! Then I set everything back on enabled - can see in picture. only one thing kind weird - Intel (R) was and is on Stopped Satus, and cant turn it on.

Just like I said. Got this black screen after Windows Reset. Clean windows only with these drivers who seems doesn't effect on this problem of screen. And yeah there is no third party security suit on my computer.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 618

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is this a laptop or a desktop / tower?
Do you have any peripherals plugged in to any USB Ports (other than a wired mouse and keyboard).
Disconnect any third party USB Dongles supporting wireless devices of any kind.
If this is a laptop, try running it without the AC power adapter attached as an experiment.

Reaction score
Is this a laptop or a desktop / tower?
Do you have any peripherals plugged in to any USB Ports (other than a wired mouse and keyboard).
Disconnect any third party USB Dongles supporting wireless devices of any kind.
If this is a laptop, try running it without the AC power adapter attached as an experiment.

It's a laptop. In usb ports only Wired mouse , and power cable. Tried to unplug mouse, power cable, restarted pc but nothing change.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried a "Start Up Repair"?
It should be among the list when you select the advanced troubleshooting options, when you do the Shift Key + Restart?
When you have the black screen and you launch Task Manager, can you use the File menu, Run new task to launch explorer.exe?
Does it even attempt to load a desktop?

Reaction score
Have you tried a "Start Up Repair"?
It should be among the list when you select the advanced troubleshooting options, when you do the Shift Key + Restart?
When you have the black screen and you launch Task Manager, can you use the File menu, Run new task to launch explorer.exe?
Does it even attempt to load a desktop?

Yes tried StartUp Repair after diagnostic it shows - Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC
Press ''Advanced options'' to try other options to repair your pc.
Log file D:\WINDOWS\System32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt .
Weird cuse I don't have D: Disc... only C.
And tried even launch explorer.exe with Task manager, but doesn't helpt it shows in Task manager processes and after sec disappears.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My suggestion at this point would be to perform and in-place upgrade repair. That is to say...... upgrade it again, overtop of itself from within your current install, just double click setup.exe in the installation media. Just be sure to check the little box to get updates as part of the upgrade process.
That will generally keep all your programs, data, drivers and such safe, but.....
I would still create a disk image before going forward.

Installation media can be obtained here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you already have the ISO you can simply mount it from within Windows 10 and run setup.exe from there.

Neosmart has a pretty good article on it here https://neosmart.net/wiki/windows-10-repair-installation/
You can skip the first couple paragraphs where they are promoting their recovery CDs and drill down to the meat of the article below.

Reaction score
My suggestion at this point would be to perform and in-place upgrade repair. That is to say...... upgrade it again, overtop of itself from within your current install, just double click setup.exe in the installation media. Just be sure to check the little box to get updates as part of the upgrade process.
That will generally keep all your programs, data, drivers and such safe, but.....
I would still create a disk image before going forward.

Installation media can be obtained here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you already have the ISO you can simply mount it from within Windows 10 and run setup.exe from there.

Neosmart has a pretty good article on it here https://neosmart.net/wiki/windows-10-repair-installation/
You can skip the first couple paragraphs where they are promoting their recovery CDs and drill down to the meat of the article below.

Thank you for replays, and help. !

Looks like really nothing helps me in this situation.. searched all around google/youtube kind same problems but for me solves doesn't work..
Yes I already have Iso file of windows.. I hope after reinstalling problem gonna disappear.....

thank you one more time. :)

Ask a Question