SOLVED Windows 10 - can't update

Reaction score
I’m having trouble updating Windows 10. I tried many ways to learn from youtube, but none of them helped. I really hope someone can help me provide your professional experience to solve this problem. I haven’t used my laptop for a while, and then when I check for updates it doesn’t work, it says: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type or paste "msdt.exe /id windowsupdatediagnostic" into the "Open" box and click "OK".

Ben

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the update components?
Open cmd prompt/powershell with admin & enter:
Net Stop bits
Net Stop wuauserv
Net Stop appidsvc
Net Stop cryptsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download Download.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
Net Start bits
Net Start wuauserv
Net Start appidsvc
Net Start cryptsvc
Restart the PC & try updating again.

And/or:
Search for services.msc & find Windows Update & ensure it is set to Automatic.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type or paste "msdt.exe /id windowsupdatediagnostic" into the "Open" box and click "OK".

Ben
Hi Ben,

I followed your instruction

Ben
Hi Ben,

I followed your instructions to solve the problem, and it took about 3 hours. It also took about one hour to do the update and installation.

The problem has been resolved. Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

Have a great weekend!

Ask a Question