Windows 10 clean install issue.

Reaction score
I have an acer aspire v5 573g. I wanted to clean install Windows 10 on it. and every time I tried it gave me an error code : 0x800701E3. I thought it might be due corrupt instalation file or something. I tried other copies but it gives same error. I don't know what it means. I tried searching on the net, but I didn't find anything. if the someone knows what I should. please help me out. I will also attach a photo which I took.
thanks.
IMG_20150821_170649-01~2.jpeg

Reaction score
1. Upgrade to a free Windows 10 is required to be done via Windows Update or by in-place upgrade install using the iso file.
Clean Install is not supported. You do that and you will be asked for Windows 10 product key which nobody has. Without the key, it will not be activated even if you managed to have it installed.
After you have successfully upgraded to Win 10 the proper way and it is activated, THEN you can do a clean install. But not before.

2. Where did you get your copies of " installation files " ?

Reaction score
aha I see. thanks lot. but I saw over the net and on YouTube people doing clean install and they never had problems with it. one I got from a friend. another I got directly from the Microsoft site there was one which I downloaded from torrent. how does this work. 1. I should get windows 10 activated. then I can do a clean install. isn't it the same thing? what I understand by " clean install" is that formatting my laptop and then installing windows. or maybe I don't understand how windows 10 installation work exactly.

Reaction score
You should get the push install from Windows Update. Once that installs it is supposed to activate. But some of us are having issues with activation. I have updated 3 different machines/brands and none of them have activated. So I rolled back to 10240 which did register. Then I did the .iso on 2 machines, one an update and the other a clean install. Neither activated. So I rolled back the updated on and am leaving the clean install one alone to see if it activates over time. MS doesn't seem to want to even talk about this issue so far, and there are many of us out there who can't activate.

Reaction score
It should clean install whether you've done the upgrade or not. It just won't activate.

Reaction score
solo88ad,
Don't even think about Clean Install UNTIL you have successfully upgraded and activated Windows 10.
And Initial Upgrade of Windows 10 does not include clean install.

Read this, please..........

excerpt: Source

Can I perform a clean install using the Free upgrade?

No, it will require that you are running a previous qualifying version and start the upgrade from within the qualifying version. You can initiate a clean install after completing the Upgrade.

Reaction score
I agree, that you should by no means attempt a clean install before doing an in place upgrade. But it is possible, and it will install. It just won't activate.

Reaction score
What is the point of installing knowing it cannot be activated ?
What is the point of continuously talking about " it is possible, and it will install. It just won't activate " ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sigh, and what does it hurt to refute the misnomer that you can't do a clean install with the upgrade version? I said more than once that it you could not activate it if it hasn't been upgraded first. What's the point in being a know it all?

Reaction score
To install an os knowing it cannot be activated is totally useless and not even worth mentioning.

Besides, in my very first reply I already said.........
Clean Install is not supported. You do that and you will be asked for Windows 10 product key which nobody has. Without the key, it will not be activated even if you managed to have it installed.

So, what is the point of repeating it ?

Ask a Question