Windows 10 creator edition causes all of my windows apps to crash

Reaction score
I tried installing windows creator update to my fairly new I7 4.00gz machine with 16 gigs ram three times and it seems to install correctly, but every time I installed it all of my apps crash and disappear after I try to run them.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Not sure what apps in particular you are referring to, however; after updating to Creator, the Microsoft Store had 11 universal app updates. Have you gone to the Store and checked for updates there lately? It may improve your situation.

Reaction score
Not sure what apps in particular you are referring to, however; after updating to Creator, the Microsoft Store had 11 universal app updates. Have you gone to the Store and checked for updates there lately? It may improve your situation.
I couldn't do any updates at the store, because even the store app didn't work.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ahh well that makes like tricky.

If you can open an Administrator Command prompt and run a system file check you may be able to resolve a few things. In search box, type comm then in search results right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator, and click Yes to the User Account Control prompt. In the command console type:
SFC /SCANNOW then press Enter key

Report back on how things go.

Reaction score
Ahh well that makes like tricky.

If you can open an Administrator Command prompt and run a system file check you may be able to resolve a few things. In search box, type comm then in search results right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator, and click Yes to the User Account Control prompt. In the command console type:
SFC /SCANNOW then press Enter key

Report back on how things go.

Reaction score
SFC/scannow found no errors when I ran that. I had to revert back to windows 10 anniversary edition to get all of my apps working again.

Ask a Question