Windows 10: cursor freezes / disappears after sleep

Reaction score
Hello,

My cursor on Windows 10 seems to freeze / disappear every time when I wake up my laptop from a 'sleep' state. Sometimes it takes multiple reboots to get the cursor back. I have seen other posts online about this problem, but unable to find a fix. I am almost tempted to go back to Windows 8, which used to work OK for me. Do you have any suggestions? Details listed below. Thanks in advance!!

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Hardware: Sony Viao Laptop
Model # SVS1313AGXB
Synaptics Touchpad driver screen attached below. The "Update Driver" button is disabled.
No drivers listed for Windows 10 at
Sony support page: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVS1313AGXB&LOC=3#/downloadTab

View attachment 505

Here is how I fixed this problem in windows 10

Control Panel
Hardware and Sound
Mouse

Select Hardware tab.

upload_2016-12-30_8-46-6.png

Select your mouse from the list and click properties.

upload_2016-12-30_8-50-35.png

UNCHECK allow this device to wake the computer.

Restart

Bizarrely this does not stop the computer waking on the movement of the mouse but it does cure the
problem with the mouse not responding on wake up

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-30_8-45-13.png
    upload_2016-12-30_8-45-13.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 559
Reaction score
Method 1. Enable ELAN
To fix the touchpad not working after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the first thing you need to do is make sure your touchpad is enabled. Follow these steps:

Step 1. Click Start and select Settings.

Step 2. Head over to Devices and then select Mouse & touchpad.

Step 3. Scroll down to Related Settings and click Additional mouse options.

Step 4. The Mouse Properties window will open. Go to ELAN.

Step 5. Click your touchpad device and click Enable.

Method 2. Update the Touchpad Driver to Fix Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Most often, the reason why the touchpad not working after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is because there is something wrong with your touchpad driver. You could use a professional driver download utility tool like Driver Talent to repair or update the touchpad driver for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in 2 minutes. No viruses. No pop-up ads.

Ask a Question