windows 10 computer it keeps coming up with flashing cursor

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having issues with my windows 10 computer it keeps coming up with flashing cursor. i have tried retail windows 10, no luck also deleting the partitions as well with no luck. any ideas. I also tried a different hard drive still dose the same.
Thank you.

Reaction score
If you are talking about a flashing cursor on the upper left of your screen, that normally means the boot is being directed to a non-OS location.

As you surmise it may be related to the Hard Drive not being recognized correctly or some other reason which causes the boot to look in the wrong place.

Could you attach a picture of your Disk Management window showing the partitions?

If you look at the Boot Device menu does the correct boot device, HDD or Windows Boot Manager, show in the listing? Have you double checked to make sure that device is shown as the primary boot device in the bios?

Reaction score
Hi sorry it has been a busy couple of days. here is a image of the boot option when i press F12 on boot up, here is an image of the disk management.

Attachments

• 20160608_134120.jpg
    20160608_134120.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 624
  • 20160609_093042.jpg
    20160609_093042.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 545
Reaction score
You seem to show a Windows Boot Manager which is what should be set as primary in the Bios for Boot Devices. If you choose that does the system mess up?

The flash drive seems to be a bit of an anomaly. since it appears to be showing with an Int 13h error it may be creating a problem, can you remove it? What is the drive exactly for, a repair drive or some type of storage? I have never seen that type of designation on a boot device so possibly some setting in your bios regarding USB devices may need to be altered, but just a guess.

You can attach pictures, such as your Disk Management by using the snipping tool to capture it and then attach as you did with the photos.

Reaction score
You might want to try making new USB media or try another USB drive. Since I have not seen such a designation attached to a flash drive I have to assume it is flawed.

If you select the Windows Boot Manger you show listed in the boot devices, is that when you get the flashing cursor and is that your normal Win 10 install?

I suppose I am trying to understand if you are getting the flashing cursor because of the Flash Drive and removing it doesn't change anything.

Reaction score
cheers it is sorted i tried a different USB before and it did not work before, but i tried it agin and this time it worked. not sure why. but it works. cheers.

Ask a Question