Using USB to install Windows 10 on New Computer

Reaction score
I want to use my laptop with Windows 10 Installed to install on my computer I built With a usb Stick. Will my laptop lose Windows ?

Reaction score
I would, on the laptop, download windows from MS with the windows creation tool, make the USB stick. Install it on the new machine, log on to Microsoft from the new machine and buy the licence.

Reaction score
I want to use my laptop with Windows 10 Installed to install on my computer I built With a usb Stick. Will my laptop lose Windows ?

Yes you can only have one computer with each windows License.

Download Windows 10 for MS MCT and as time suggested log into windows store and purchase your license

Reaction score
You can use the same USB drive or DVD disc to install the version you downloaded, either Home/Core or Pro, but you will need a Product Key at some point to Activate. Used to be Win10 Upgrade was free, can't say if still possible or not [formal program to get Win10 free ended a year after it started]. In most stores you get a card with that Product Key and a Web address where you can download the software.

Reaction score
You can use the same USB drive or DVD disc to install the version you downloaded, either Home/Core or Pro, but you will need a Product Key at some point to Activate. Used to be Win10 Upgrade was free, can't say if still possible or not [formal program to get Win10 free ended a year after it started]. In most stores you get a card with that Product Key and a Web address where you can download the software.

Michael0057 suggests that he wants to install on a new machine he has built. Which would not be eligible for a free upgrade regardless.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I wonder why half the world objects to buying a legal Windows licence. It is not expensive...if it was $500 or more I would understand it.
Two of my three machines took advantage of the upgrade way back and the third one ( a home built) has a real bought with money licence

Ask a Question